Key Elements Of A Modern Successful Website
Designing a new website isn’t an easy task… but keeping in mind these Key Elements of a Modern Successful Website will help.
With so much competition in the online business world, it’s important to pay close attention to detail when designing your new website to make sure you’re making a website that can override your competition and bring you ahead of the pack.
For those who are designing their website, the following are the crucial elements that all websites should use during the design phase.
With technology and smartphones being the forefront of the world, it’s crucial to make sure your website is optimized to be mobile friendly. A mobile friendly website design is just that, it’s mobile friendly. When a website isn’t optimised to be viewed onto a mobile it can result in an unpleasant user experience. This means the page won’t be adjusted or fit onto the small screen. Your user will see only a portion of the website, instead of the entire website on their small screen. In order to make your website mobile friendly you can try the following:
- Use a responsive technology framework which enables for the designer to lay out the elements on a grid before shifting the grid on different screen sizes. This enables for all elements to be spaced accordingly from screen to screen.
- Make the website design easy to navigate with one finger or your thumb. Mobile users tend to use their thumb or one finger to search through websites, so it’s important to design your website around this concept.
- Keep the design clean and simple. Although you may think your website will look better being more intricate, it can be hard for mobile users to navigate. Always keep your website design simple in design and clean when viewing.
- Use relevant icons for certain elements to ensure your audience knows where they’re clicking. Instead of writing out Facebook or Twitter, use the icons to make them quick and easy to press.
- Keep content on point and relevant. Mobile users want to be able to find what they’re looking for fast so always keep your content short and sweet.
2. User-Friendly Navigation
A good navigation experience is what sets a website apart from the rest. When designing your navigation points, make sure you layout each section where it’s easy to find. A great user experience is based upon whether your user can find what they’re looking for. In order to create a user friendly navigation experience, you can:
- Limit the amount of menu items available. 7 sections or less is advisable to help limit confusion.
- Navigation should be easily found, often positioned across the top of the website or down the left hand side for maximum effect.
- Use descriptive and to the point titles when naming your sections. Example: Meet Our Team, Bathroom Tiles, Laundry Hampers etc.
- When designing subcategories, try to limit to 3 section under each tab to avoid confusion. Larger websites with more products may require more as needed however.
- Make sure the brand logo always navigates back to the homepageof the website. This enables your visitors to start their search over, quickly and easily.
Good Practice Of Site Navigation – Navigation is neat, clean, and easy to read.
Bad Practice Of Site Navigation – With this version you have three sets of navigation point right at the very top, in the centre, and down the left hand size. This can make it confusing.
3. Meaningful Content
Another crucial area that should be addressed is the content that you place onto your web pages. Creating a good content strategy is key to ensuring your website not only works effectively but is relevant to your audience. In order to create meaningful content, you will need to work out your target audience and create content that’s based on them. Some tips to creating meaningful content that is worth reading by your audience includes:
- Create content that answers questions that have been posed by your audience.
- Make sure all content doesn’t have any spelling mistakes or grammar mistakes.
- Make sure the content is detailed and specific to the title that’s posed.
- Where possible use emotion in your writing to connect with your audience through your words.
- Make sure all content is SEO optimized using relevant keywords so your targeted audience can find it.
Good Practice Of Quality, Meaningful Content – It gives the reader some valuable information they can use to enhance their overall content.
Bad Practice Of Content –Content doesn’t provide in-depth information that really needs to connect with what the buyer would be looking for. Very vague.
4. Site Map
Your website’s site map is an important area that should be designed efficiently to ensure your visitors can navigate through the website easily. It also needs to be designed well for search engine spiders to be able to search and rank your website accordingly. There are three types of sitemaps that can be created. These include:
If you would like to read the rest of this article, please go here: Helpful tips on building a great Website
Key elements of a modern successful website